How to Make Olive Garden Caprese Flatbread at Home
By CarriesExpKtchn on January 05, 2014
Featured Member Post
Here is how to make the Olive Garden's Caprese Flatbread at home.
Olive Garden Caprese Flatbread (Copycat)
Adapted from Olive Garden
Prep Time: 15 minutes Yield: 15
Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: 1 each
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 11-ounce container refrigerated pizza crust dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 8 plum tomatoes, cut into small dice
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I used Hellmann's)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Extra-rirgin olive oil (approximately 2-3 tbsp.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drizzle some olive oil on a baking sheet (mine was 11"x17") and flatten the pizza dough, making sure it reaches the edges. Drizzle a little more oil on top and brush it over the dough and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the dough from the oven and allow to cool. Then raise the oven to 450 degrees.
3. While the dough is in the oven, add the chopped tomatoes, garlic and 1/4 cup of the basil to a bowl; mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise and garlic powder, then spread it evenly over the cooled dough, leaving a 1/2" border around the crust; then spread the mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
5. Drain tomato mixture and spread evenly over the bread, then sprinkle the Pecorino Romano cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup of basil on top.
6. Place the bread back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Cut into thirds lengthwise, then into fifths giving you 15 squares.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lisa Stone
Most Popular on Food
Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Reviews & Giveaways
Marzetti® Simply Dressed® refrigerated salad dressings complements any salad or meal. Check out our bloggers recipes using these wonderful salad dressings that bring simple, pure flavors to your dishes PLUS get a chance to win a $100.
Recent Comments on Food