How to Make Your Own Cracker Jacks
By Scrumptiouz on October 15, 2013
Featured Member Post
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Servings: 3-4 people
Here is our recipe for Cracker Jacks.
Ingredients for Cracker Jacks:
- 4 qt popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup molasses
Here are the easy steps to make Cracker Jacks:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine the popcorn and peanuts on a cookie sheet and place it in preheated oven.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Stirring over medium heat, bring this mixture to a boil until you will see the mixture turning dark brown.
- Remove the popcorn and peanuts from the oven after 20 minutes and pour the caramel mixture over them.
- Put them back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix well so that all the popcorn is coated.
- Cool and store in a covered container.
Image: Courtesy of Scrumptiouz
Your kids will love to have sweet and delicious Cracker Jacks.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lisa Stone
Most Popular on Quick and Easy
Recent Comments on Quick and Easy
By Christine S