How to Make Your Own Cracker Jacks
By Scrumptiouz on October 15, 2013
Featured Member Post
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Servings: 3-4 people
Here is our recipe for Cracker Jacks.
Ingredients for Cracker Jacks:
- 4 qt popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup molasses
Here are the easy steps to make Cracker Jacks:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine the popcorn and peanuts on a cookie sheet and place it in preheated oven.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Stirring over medium heat, bring this mixture to a boil until you will see the mixture turning dark brown.
- Remove the popcorn and peanuts from the oven after 20 minutes and pour the caramel mixture over them.
- Put them back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix well so that all the popcorn is coated.
- Cool and store in a covered container.
Image: Courtesy of Scrumptiouz
Your kids will love to have sweet and delicious Cracker Jacks.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer