Craft a Spa Scrubbie for Your Bath Time Wind Down
By soapdeli on June 03, 2011
Baths are a popular way to wind down and relax after a long, tiring day. They seem to rejuvenate both body and soul. Make your bath extra special with a bath tea or bath oil for skin nourishing and aromatherapy benefits.
Flamingo Toes has a terrific diy tutorial for crafting a spa scrubbie to use in your bath or shower. All you need is a little cotton, an old towel, some lace and a few basic sewing skills. If you don't have a sewing machine, there's no need to worry. This project is small enough you can conquer it by hand. Once your scrubbie is complete, Flamingo Toes also offers up a bath and body recipe for making a Tropical Tea Soak. A little cornstarch, dry milk, oatmeal, and tea leaves and you're all set. While the recipe doesn't specify the type of oatmeal, I recommend using colloidal oatmeal - available at most drug stores - as it dissolves in water and offers all of the same benefits as using rolled oats. You'll find the tutorial for this project, along with a pdf pattern, and the recipe for the bath tea here.
Of course, once you've gotten started making goodies for your bath, you're not going to want to stop at just one! These recipes are perfect for stockpiling for your days off work, or for packaging and giving as gifts. Here are just a few more bath recipes you'll find via Soap Deli News Blog.
- Lavender Rose Milk Bath Soak - Craft a handmade lavender rose milk bath with the ingredients from this recipe and relax your worries away in a long soak in the tub.
- Champagne and Pomegranate Sea Salt and Goat Milk Bath - Yum. This recipe is perfect for those of you who enjoy a long soak in the tub! And it smells great! (You can buy Strawberry Champagne Scented Shea Butter Soap, Goat Milk Lotion, and Solid Sugar Scrub Cubes from Rebecca's Soap Delicatessen if you don't have time to craft your own products.)
- Bath Oil Recipes - Create your own bath oils for smooth, silky skin and a relaxing bath experience.
- Cold Comfort Bath Soak - This handmade bath soak recipe is also perfect if you're suffering from seasonal allergies or a cold with nasal congestion.
- Milk Bath Recipe Collection - Recipes for making your own luxury milk baths at home.
What's your favorite type of product to add to your bath water?
More Like This
Recent Posts by soapdeli
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Makeup
Recent Comments on Makeup