Crafting with a toddler
By turtleturtleturtle on July 18, 2010
- Come up with a brilliant plan - in this case, painting pine cones.
- Make all of the preparations, and if you include collecting the pine cones that's TWO days of prep! But stick down bits of newspaper (and wonder about the advertising of guns in a sales paper!!) and pour the paint into a paper plate.
- Set toddler in front of this wonderful activity.
- Watch him get bored after 3 seconds.
- Plod on, painting pine cones yourself, narrating the whole thing in a freakishly cheery voice.
- Get bored of it yourself.
- Roll the pine cones around in the paint. Marvel at how much better that works.
- Let the trains join in the painting fun.
- Gather up the trains in a bowl and take them, with your small boy up to the bath. (Bring a cup of coffee, he'll last longer in there than he did with the painting).
- Wonder what to do with three painted pine cones.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
I Didn't Know I Was Addicted to a Drug 40 Times More Potent Than Heroin... Until I Tried Getting Off of It
Most Popular on Family
Recent Comments on Family
By Emily Austin
By Karen Ballum