Creative Gift Ideas for Your Best Friends' Birthdays
Traditional gifts don’t always cut it for the girls who have been most important in your life.
TAKER HER OUT FOR A GIRLS NIGHT ON THE TOWN
- Before you hit the clubs, take her to one of the new trends in the salon industry - they specialize in Blow Dry’s only. If you are in Chicago – try Blo Dri. They’ll make it super special and add in champagne, cocktails or cake.
- If she has a sense of humor, take her to a burlesque or tranny show, if you are in Chicago check out The Baton Club
- Throw her a surprise party or a surprise dinner - add in some fun extras like these funny/inappropriate Happy Fing Birthday Hats
- Or this way-chicer-than-average pinata.
MAKE HER SOMETHING
My personal favorite idea for making your friend feel as special as she is – make her something that she will cherish forever. While I have been a fan of this idea since long before digital camera’s – now, your macbook can make it easier than ever.
- Make here a comic book w/ comiclife on yourmacbook with quotes from all the girls.
- Make her a photo flip book she can carry on her keychain
- Make her a Photo Book from Picaboo
- Make her a customized Jenga set – on each cube write something that you and your girlfriends must do when you pull out the block - chug a beer, text your ex, etc.
- Make her a book filled with reasons you love her (make it even more special and have the number of reasons be the age she is turning).
HIT THE BEAUTY BAR
A few of my girlfriends surprised me for my birthday this year by taking me to The Beauty Bar. It’s a trendy and fun place to take any girl who loves her martinis and mani’s – both of which are included in the price of one delish (but strong) Beauty Bar Martini. The sparkly teal walls, the dance floor in the back and the completely beauty inspired hipster scene make it a perfect spot for a girls night out.
Beauty Bars are currently in Chicago, New York, San Fran, LA, Texas, Vegas and Denver.
TAKE HER BY SURPRISE
If your bestie is someone who loves surprises, give her what she wants on her birthday and don’t give her the slightest clue of what you are doing. Kidnap her, blind fold her and then take her to do something she wouldn’t normally do.
- Beer/wine making class
- Tarrot card reader/hypnotist
- Mani’s and Pedis at a BYOB nail salon
- Cooking Class
- Surprise brunch (mimosas and bloody’s included)
- Talk to some of your out of town friends and family, arrange for them to come in town for her big day
- Take her to a comedy show – try Second City in Chi.
The key to this one is knowing what she likes. Make sure to pay attention a few weeks before her birthday - is there anything she’s been dying to do? A place she’s been dying to try? It’ll be even more special if she knows you’ve been thinking of her.
Send her a birthday cake overnight - Gourmet Birthday Cakes from Bake Me A Wish!
Give Her a Gift Certificate From Experience Days and Let Her Pick - Shop-XD-Memorable
Everyone loves flowers - ProFlowers - Send ProFlowers starting at $19.99