Creative Ideas for Advertising During the Holidays
The holiday season is in full swing and shoppers are hurrying to get what they need for family dinners, office parties, and other holiday events. How can you capture more of their business? Here are a few creative ideas for advertising during the holidays.
• Take advantage of community newspapers to advertise special holiday events your store or organization is having. These publications are free to consumers and advertising is low cost.
• Churches, schools, and civic groups often have holiday song books printed during the holiday season with opportunities for sponsor advertisements. Check with the organizations in your area to buy an ad; generally this type of advertising is inexpensive.
• Share the advertising space and printing costs of a holiday flyer with non-competitive businesses and save postage by handing them out at each business location! Include calendar printing with special dates at little additional cost.
• Many newspapers print calendars of events for the holiday season. Call early to make sure you get any of your business’s or organization’s holiday events on that calendar printing.
• Promotional calendar printing for distribution in the holiday season is a great way to say thank you to customers and to advertise your business all through the coming year.
• Holiday flyers are an inexpensive way to advertise in your community. You can also print a calendar of events on your flyers to let folks know what to watch for. Use calendar printing to impress the urgency of the holiday countdown on readers.
• Take part in local fund raising events in the holiday season! Volunteer, provide goods that are needed, offer your business as a collection station, or donate money. If you are also using a holiday calendar printing piece, be sure to list donation deadlines for any fund raising events you are involved in.
• Many charitable organizations have holiday galas or events at which they give away prizes. Donating one or two prizes will bring lots of good publicity.
• Holiday countdown calendar printing with key sale dates and community holiday events listed is a great marketing tool. Hand them out at the cash register or use them as direct mail sent to local consumers.
The holidays are a great time to incorporate unusual advertising techniques. Get creative, have fun, and be sure that all of your advertisements, whatever they are, build a festive spirit around your business.
Follow BlogHer on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/BlogHer-28615