Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets
By TheComfortofCooking on January 22, 2013
BlogHer Original Post
Chicken nuggets bring out the kid in all of us! They’re crispy, tender, and absolutely delish dunked in tangy honey mustard or spicy ketchup sauce. Coated in crunchy panko breadcrumbs and fresh Parmesan, these little nuggets are almost too adorable to eat!
They’re freezer-friendly, too! Bake them up, place in a resealable bag and freeze. Pop ‘em in the microwave for a few minutes to warm them up. Kids will love ‘em, and adults will gobble ‘em up right alongside the kiddos! You can also make the sauces a few days ahead of time.
Need some tips for keeping weeknight meals quick and easy? Read on!
- Make a list of meals to make in the coming week! Consider 1-2 days for leftovers, if you think there will be any. Feeling uninspired for ideas? I’ve got you covered.
- Take stock of what you already have in your pantry, fridge and freezer. Whatever you need for each recipe, write it down, organize foods by category (Fruits, Dairy, Frozen, etc.), and get shopping!
- Fast meals are made slowly… as in with your slow cooker! That electric workhorse isn’t just for hearty winter stews… it’s great for pulled pork, chili, pot roast, baked potatoes and roast chicken!
- Prep, package and freeze as many ingredients as you can for the coming week. Or, cook your meals ahead of time, freeze and pop in the oven before dinnertime!
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Honey Mustard or Spicy Ketchup (recipes below), for serving
For lots of delicious, freezer (and kid) friendly meals, click below…
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Make Your Own Mini Pizzas
Skillet Chicken Chili Mac
Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers
Baked Penne with Italian Sausage
Baked Chicken Taquitos
Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese
Chicken Fajita Pizza
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spread breadcrumbs on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Once mostly cooled, transfer crumbs to a shallow dish. Stir in Parmesan, salt and oil; mix well.
Set a wire rack on the baking sheet; lightly coat rack with cooking spray.
Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes. In batches, coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg, then coat with breadcrumbs. Place on rack.
Bake until chicken is cooked through, 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Serve nuggets with sauces, if desired.
Combine 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard and 2 tablespoons each mayonnaise and honey.
Combine 1/4 cup ketchup, 3 tablespoons spicy chili sauce (such as Sriracha), and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise.
Adapted from Everyday Food
This post is part of the BlogHer Dinner, Faster editorial series, made possible by Land O'Lakes.
More Like This
Recent Posts by TheComfortofCooking
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Success Rice Farms Reviews & Giveaways
Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no mess, no measure boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. Read our bloggers' posts and see how they make hearty meals by adding Success® Rice into their favorite recipes plus get a chance to win $100.