Crunchy Pecan Date Cookies
This recipe for Crunchy Pecan Date Cookies is perfect. If you like crunchy cookies then these are right up your alley. They can easily be served as a snack or even breakfast. They have a bit of a shortbread texture if that helps in your decision making.
I like to cook with pecans. They have a nice texture that is firm but not over the top. I have made Raw Brownies with dates and pecans and they are truly one of my favorite desserts. I think I’ve got to make them again soon.
Makes 16 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 13-15 minutes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour leveled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dates chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add flour, salt, baking soda, and rolled oats. Mix together and add wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Stir in dates and pecans. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet a few minutes. Store cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature.