A Day of Easy Meals
By KokoLikes on July 01, 2011
I try and bring breakfast and lunch with me to work everyday. Not only because we usually have amazing food at home, but it also saves a ton money and leftovers from my house are normally way better than anything I would get anywhere else anyways. Breakfast is pretty much always the same: crock pot oatmeal(creature of habit here!). But this week I haven't been able to get it together to make my oatmeal in advance and plan my lunches ahead of time. So I've had to improvise....
Breakfast today was my newly invented Quick Steel Cut Oatmeal (haha, yes I am never going to get over my obsession with oatmeal)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk (or water if you aren't adventurous)
- 1/4 cup instant steel cut oats (I like the Trader Joe's kind)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- handful of raisins
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1.Bring almond milk to a boil (in either the microwave or stove top).
- 2.Place steel cut oats and chia sides in a large bowl. Pour boiling almond milk over the top. (Make sure to do this in a large bowl because these babies expand when you microwave them.)
- 3.Microwave bowl for 3 minutes. Stir. Microwave for an additional 2-3 minutes. (PS the bowl gets REALLY hot).
- 4. Add your sunflower butter and raisins and eat.
For lunch I made myself a caprese sandwich (my favorite kind). I layered a Thomas' everything bagel thin with olive tapenade, three roasted tomatoes, and a couple balls of mozzarella. Popped it in the toaster oven for 4 minutes. I ate it open faced to give myself the illusion that it was bigger than it was.
I was exhausted by the time I got home, so you know what that means? Cheerios for dinner!
After I ate I was taking photos to put up on the blog tonight. I squated down to get the right angle and this happened:
Yup, I ripped my pants. Guess taking this morning off from the gym was a bad idea, haha! My inner dialogue said "Hey, this is what you get for taking pictures of food all day!" I can't help but laugh looking at this photo! Taking these pups to the tailor tomorrow.
More Like This
Recent Posts by KokoLikes
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Quick and Easy
Recent Comments on Quick and Easy
By Christine S