Deluxe Coconut Cupcakes
By kimmieklewis6 on March 31, 2014
I was trying to think of desserts for Easter and I kept seeing all these cute recipes with coconut as little birds nests. So I decided that I was going to make a Coconut cupcake and sprinkle Cadbury eggs on top and this would be my bird’s nest. By the time I was finished I couldn’t put a egg on top of one of these cupcakes, they looked to delicious! Oh, by the way, they are super delicious!
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pans with liners.
- In a bowl, stir together 1 cup toasted coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, coconut milk, oil and eggs. Divide the batter evenly in the cupcake pans ( about 2/3 full). Scoop 1 Tablespoon of the sweetened condensed milk mixture on the top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the cupcake springs back when touched. Cool completely before you frost.
- Frosting: Combine butter, vanilla and lemon juice, until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top!!
More Like This
Recent Posts by kimmieklewis6
Most Popular on BlogHer
There’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevy Traverse. It’s the ultimate family vehicle, and the inspiration behind the tales that these bloggers are sharing about those special moments spent with their families. Check out the posts to see just how different, and, in many ways, the same, family time is nowadays as compared to when the bloggers were younger. Read more