Great DIY Gift: All-Natural Body Care Products You Can Make
By toufga on December 06, 2013
Featured Member Post
Do you want to give a special gift to someone that is more valuable and useful at a low cost. Here is an alternative way to DIY body care products, and a way to decorate their pack to make it look luxury and beautiful.
First the making of the prodocts:
1- Homemade Body Wash
- 12 cups water
- Bring the water to a soft simmer, add the soap and stir until completely melted.
- Turn off heat and add glycerin.
- Cover and allow to set for 24 hours.
2- Citrus Salt Body Scrub
1. 1/2 cup sea salt
2. 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
3. (can substitute light olive oil or vegetable oil)
4. 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
5. 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
In a medium dry bowl, combine all ingredients making sure to not let any water touch them as it will dissolve the salt. Pour mixture into an airtight container and store in a cool dry place.
To use: Just before showering, swirl ingredients together with your fingertips to mix. Clean body completely and just before exiting shower, apply Citrus Salt Body Scrub to body in a firm circular scrubbing motion with hands or a soft washcloth. Rinse off the mixture and pat body dry with a clean towel.
3- Homemade Lotion
2. 3 tablespoons beeswax
3. 3/4 cup water, rose water, or herbal tea – room temp or slightly warmer
4. essential oil for fragrance (optional)
* If you use coconut keep it at room temp because it will become solid in the fridge.
Second thing how to decorate it:
Your choice of glass jar or bottle ( glass bottles from Ikea. $16.95 AUD for pack of 3 ) that matches the quantity of the product. It would be preferable if the glass has no drawings or brand lables on it.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on DIY
Recent Comments on DIY