Great DIY Gift: All-Natural Body Care Products You Can Make
By toufga on December 06, 2013
Featured Member Post
Do you want to give a special gift to someone that is more valuable and useful at a low cost. Here is an alternative way to DIY body care products, and a way to decorate their pack to make it look luxury and beautiful.
First the making of the prodocts:
1- Homemade Body Wash
- 12 cups water
- Bring the water to a soft simmer, add the soap and stir until completely melted.
- Turn off heat and add glycerin.
- Cover and allow to set for 24 hours.
2- Citrus Salt Body Scrub
1. 1/2 cup sea salt
2. 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
3. (can substitute light olive oil or vegetable oil)
4. 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
5. 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
In a medium dry bowl, combine all ingredients making sure to not let any water touch them as it will dissolve the salt. Pour mixture into an airtight container and store in a cool dry place.
To use: Just before showering, swirl ingredients together with your fingertips to mix. Clean body completely and just before exiting shower, apply Citrus Salt Body Scrub to body in a firm circular scrubbing motion with hands or a soft washcloth. Rinse off the mixture and pat body dry with a clean towel.
3- Homemade Lotion
2. 3 tablespoons beeswax
3. 3/4 cup water, rose water, or herbal tea – room temp or slightly warmer
4. essential oil for fragrance (optional)
* If you use coconut keep it at room temp because it will become solid in the fridge.
Second thing how to decorate it:
Your choice of glass jar or bottle ( glass bottles from Ikea. $16.95 AUD for pack of 3 ) that matches the quantity of the product. It would be preferable if the glass has no drawings or brand lables on it.