DIY Decoupage Mail/Key Holder Art
My parents have bought a cool, new RV. They needed a mail/key holder by their front door. I decided to make them one as a "RV Warming" gift. It is small in scale to fit their new close quarters, but big on personality!
- Small artist canvas
- Mod Podge decoupage glue
- 2 paint brushes
- Acrylic craft paint
- Craft paper, magazine clippings, old book pages, etc.
- Sticker Letters (flat and 3 dimensional)
- Clear Acrylic spray
- Mail/Key holder
- Staple gun
- Cut or tear craft paper or magazine pages into small pieces. Using Mod Podge, glue the pieces down onto your canvas. Glue underneath and on top.
- Stick stickers on your canvas. The 3D stickers (Home Sweet) will stay on so glue underneath and on top of them and let dry. Through trial and error I figured out that 3D stickers allow too much paint underneath them. The flat stickers will be pulled off after you paint to show the cool, colorful decoupaged paper underneath.
- Paint over canvas and stickers.
- Before too dry, using a flat object (I used a plastic knife) gently lift the flat stickers (RV) off. Once dry, spray with Clear Acrylic Spray to protect and water proof. Let dry.
- Using a staple gun, I stapled the mail/key holder onto the back of the canvas. I also added some cool ribbon trim and a ribbon loop at the top to hang it by.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Cul-de-Sac Cool
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on DIY
Add a few spoonfuls of Maxwell House International to your cup, instead of creamer, to bring romance to your coffee and enter for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!