DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 1
By Cul-de-Sac Cool on August 22, 2012
I needed some cool soccer art for my youngest son's room. I had this big bottle of Mod Podge, so I decided to get creative. We are a soccer family so we have all these old soccer magazines lying around. The boys had already started to cut some of their favorite players out, but never did anything with them. I grabbed those and cut some more. Voila! A masterpiece is born. Hope you enjoy this DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 1. I will be posting its companion piece, DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 2 soon...stay tuned!
- Using your acrylic craft paint, paint your canvas and let dry. This is just a backdrop for your collage. It does not have to be painted perfectly. Don't forget to paint the sides of your canvas.
- While your canvas is drying, cut out magazine, book or craft paper pictures.
- Lay clippings out on your canvas before you glue down to check out your layout. Make sure to overlap the pictures a bit. Also, I added a picture of my son to the collage. I thought it would be fun for him to find himself in the final picture.
- Once you like your layout, start gluing all the pieces down with Mod Podge. Glue underneath and on top. Let dry.
- Apply one more coat of Mod Podge all over the top. Once dry, spray with Clear Acrylic Spray to protect and water proof.
Have fun with it and don't forget to check back soon to see my DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 2!
More Like This
Recent Posts by Cul-de-Sac Cool
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford