DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 2
By Cul-de-Sac Cool on August 28, 2012
The soccer decoupage art phenomenon continues with DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 2, the companion piece to DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 1. I used old soccer magazines, stickers, Mod Podge and paint to make this cool soccer art piece. It wasn't too hard and looks really cool with the other piece.
- Cut and tear out magazine, book or craft paper pictures.
- Start gluing all the pieces down with Mod Podge. Glue underneath and on top while overlapping. Let dry. Apply a second coat and let dry.
- Spelling out your quote, stick stickers on your canvas (these stickers will be pulled off after you paint your piece to show the cool, colorful decoupage underneath). The quote I used is "Every Team Needs a Hero."
- Paint over the canvas and stickers. I painted lightly so some of the images could be seen through the paint. Make sure you paint the sides of your canvas too.
- Immediately after painting, using a flat object (I used a plastic knife), gently lift the stickers off. Once dry, spray with Clear Acrylic Spray to protect and water proof. Let dry.
That's it! Step back and marvel at what a great, and cool, artist you are! Don't forget to check out the companion piece, DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 1 too!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Michelin wants to remind drivers that whether or not your first (or current!) car is in the best condition, your tires should be. The MICHELIN Premier LTX provides exceptional levels of safety even as tires wear down, making them safe when new and safe when worn*. Even when worn, the MICHELIN Premier LTX still stops shorter on wet roads than leading competitors’ new tires. Read our bloggers' posts as they talk about their #FirstCarMoments plus get a chance to win a set of Michelin tires! Read more
Most Popular on DIY
Recent Comments on DIY