DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 2
By Cul-de-Sac Cool on August 28, 2012
The soccer decoupage art phenomenon continues with DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 2, the companion piece to DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 1. I used old soccer magazines, stickers, Mod Podge and paint to make this cool soccer art piece. It wasn't too hard and looks really cool with the other piece.
- Cut and tear out magazine, book or craft paper pictures.
- Start gluing all the pieces down with Mod Podge. Glue underneath and on top while overlapping. Let dry. Apply a second coat and let dry.
- Spelling out your quote, stick stickers on your canvas (these stickers will be pulled off after you paint your piece to show the cool, colorful decoupage underneath). The quote I used is "Every Team Needs a Hero."
- Paint over the canvas and stickers. I painted lightly so some of the images could be seen through the paint. Make sure you paint the sides of your canvas too.
- Immediately after painting, using a flat object (I used a plastic knife), gently lift the stickers off. Once dry, spray with Clear Acrylic Spray to protect and water proof. Let dry.
That's it! Step back and marvel at what a great, and cool, artist you are! Don't forget to check out the companion piece, DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 1 too!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mary Kay® Global Makeup Artist Luis Casco, created 2 stunning looks featured on Project Runway. Our bloggers had a wonderful time recreating the Sculpted Look where the focus is on the lips and the brow and the Bronze Glow look where the focus is on the eyes and cheeks. Read our bloggers' posts and see how they recreated these looks plus get a chance to win a Mary Kay® prize pack! Read more
Most Popular on DIY
Recent Comments on DIY