DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 2
By Cul-de-Sac Cool on August 28, 2012
The soccer decoupage art phenomenon continues with DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 2, the companion piece to DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 1. I used old soccer magazines, stickers, Mod Podge and paint to make this cool soccer art piece. It wasn't too hard and looks really cool with the other piece.
- Cut and tear out magazine, book or craft paper pictures.
- Start gluing all the pieces down with Mod Podge. Glue underneath and on top while overlapping. Let dry. Apply a second coat and let dry.
- Spelling out your quote, stick stickers on your canvas (these stickers will be pulled off after you paint your piece to show the cool, colorful decoupage underneath). The quote I used is "Every Team Needs a Hero."
- Paint over the canvas and stickers. I painted lightly so some of the images could be seen through the paint. Make sure you paint the sides of your canvas too.
- Immediately after painting, using a flat object (I used a plastic knife), gently lift the stickers off. Once dry, spray with Clear Acrylic Spray to protect and water proof. Let dry.
That's it! Step back and marvel at what a great, and cool, artist you are! Don't forget to check out the companion piece, DIY Decoupage Soccer Art 1 too!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more
Most Popular on DIY
Recent Comments on DIY