Do You Front Porch Sit?
By thesecondset on July 23, 2014
There is nothing better on a summer night than front porch sittin’.
The past few nights have been absolutely perfect. The temperatures hover around 80 degrees with no humidity, Ahhhhhhh. I have the most FABULOUS rocking chair for sittin’, given to me as a gift by our dear friends from France (hello Xavier & Joycelyne). Below, I have compiled a list of my reasons why front porch sittin’ is da-bomb.
- How about just plain ole’ sitting down (yep, Mom’s will agree, sitting is rare).
- Being outside in shorts and a tee shirt, not too cold and not too hot, perfectly comfortable.
- Watching your children enjoy being kids as they ride bikes and scooters up and down the street.
- Having a conversation with your husband (another rare experience).
- Peace and quiet.
- Staring out at the mountains makes me go into a deep think tank.
- Watching giant fluffy clouds blowing across the skyline.
- Realizing how blessed I am for the life I have been given.
- How amazing it is that ice water tastes incredible while sitting on my front porch.
- Momentarily feeling the slowness of life. My most favorite thing about sitting on my porch. Life keeps flying faster than the day before. I long for a slow down….
What is your favorite thing about front porch sitting? I would love to hear from you, comment below or head over to my Facebook page to join in on the conversation.
More Like This
Recent Posts by thesecondset
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more