Do you truly love yourself?
By JustKishaG on December 03, 2013
Do you love yourself? Don't just answer that question off the fly. Really put some thought into it like I did. For some of us this is an easy and bold YES or for the rest of us it’s a sad & resounding NO.
On a scale from zero to ten, how well or how much do you love & accept yourself?
Unfortunately, my answer was low. When I really put thought to answering this question, I had to ask myself how I can answer this honestly. How can I measure the depth of the question? I decided to mirror the way that I love & accept others to give me a meter on which to answer the question truthfully.
Here are the things I would never *or rarely* do to others but I do to myself:
- Talking down to myself for failures
- Not accepting my quirks; my uniqueness
- Repressing desires instead of pursuing them
- Feeding myself foods that aren’t nourishing my cells, skin, hair or figure
- Never moving my body with a purpose
- I don’t nurture or care very well for myself
So again I ask-how well do you love yourself?
Starting now and going deeper in 2014, I will be loving myself a whole lot more. New things are on the horizon for Kisha G!
Cheers to making life sweet,
More Like This
Recent Posts by JustKishaG
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Mental Health
Recent Comments on Mental Health