Don't call it a DIET, call it a LIVE-IT! Here's 5 Rules to Follow.
By @ifeellikecooking on January 30, 2014
The 5 New Live-it Rules:
(Or, how to Live-it-Up ©!)
The Common Cook has some advice for you. Namely, to stop calling your sensible food portions a “diet.” Words have powerful energy and can change the way you feel. And since nourishing yourself is one of the great events in life, I firmly belief you should call it a “live-it!” In fact, why not go a step further and simply “Live-it-Up?”
1. Don’t do other things while you eat. Focus on the flavors, the chewing and the joy of it. Celebrate your mealtime with nice plates, maybe a flower on the table and make time to be grateful for the food and your ability to taste it. Enjoy eating and put that Kindle away!
2. Understand clearly what you’re consuming. Read labels, understand calorie and fat recommendations and do your best to AVOID SUGAR while searching for new flavors to experience. If you become a partner and not a victim, you'll feel stronger every day.
3. Stop connecting the act of eating with a body that LOOKS good, and connect it to a body that FEELS good. Trust me. The image will take care of itself.
4. Begin your Live-it with acceptance. Don’t start by hating anything about yourself. You can’t begin with your body as a battle ground. Accept every cell, every element of who you are RIGHT NOW, and then move towards change with exuberance and joy.
5. Don’t be afraid to go out to eat. It’s easy to customize your meal. Avoid sauces, dressings, and breads. Embrace double portions of vegetables, enjoy proteins, and of course you can have a bite of dessert as a reward. You’re not a prisoner, you’re just trying to Live-it-Up!!!
Copyright© 2014, Camine Pappas, All Right Reserved. Camine Pappas, Culineer
More Like This
Recent Posts by @ifeellikecooking
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Success Rice Farms Reviews & Giveaways
Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no mess, no measure boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. Read our bloggers' posts and see how they make hearty meals by adding Success® Rice into their favorite recipes plus get a chance to win $100.