Dr. Oz unveils his approved 7-day crash diet: Lose 10 pounds safely
By Joanne Eglash on May 05, 2014
Dr. Mehmet Oz has unveiled his first "Oz-approved" crash diet. It's designed by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, who says the key is eating all you want of foods that are nutrient-dense. The full details of his plan are in his best-selling book: "Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Revised Edition" (click for details).
Only 3 simple steps are involved to taking off as much as 10 pounds in a week.
Step 1: Follow the 90/10 Rule Every Day: Dr. Furhman says to satiate your hunger with real foods such as veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts, beans, and whole grains for 90 percent of your meals. Enjoy healthy oils, meat, and dairy for the remaining 10 percent. Breakfast, for example, could be an orange and oatmeal.
Step 2: Use Secret Weapons: Dr. Fuhrman suggests going for ""BOM's" (berries, onions, and mushrooms). These anti-angiogenic foods starve fat cells by cutting off the blood supply to your fat, according to Dr. Furhman. For example, you could enjoy beans for lunch, which are a dieter's BFF because they are high in resistant starch, so that half the calories consumed can't be absorbed.
Step 3: Detox With Skinny Shakes: Release toxins and repair cell damage with shakes using Dr. Fuhrman's recipes in his book "Eat to Live Cookbook: 200 Delicious Nutrient-Rich Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health."
More Like This
Recent Posts by Joanne Eglash
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more