Easy Apple Dumplings from the Home Cooked Gourmet
I love this easy apple dumpling recipe any time of year, but definitely during the fall. I normally just use Golden Delicious apples, but any type that you prefer could be used. For more home cooked recipes, visit: http://homecookedgourmet.blogspot.com/
Easy Apple Dumplings
1 tube (8 ozs.) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 medium apples, peeled and quartered
1 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
1. Unroll crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles.
2. Roll up one apple wedge in each triangle and pinch to seal.
3. Place in a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
4. In a small saucepan, bring sugar, orange juice and butter to a boil; pour over dumplings. (The dumplings may float to the top).
5. Sprinkle with apple pie spice.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.