Easy banana bread recipe
This recipe was given to me from my mother-in-law, and it remains a special treat for my kids at breakfast time. In the picture below, my youngest son is helping me make his favorite bread. I am just happy to be getting some fruit into him.
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted shortening or vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk (sour) – mix with a little vinegar to sour it
1. First, you want the milk to sour, so do this first while you get the other ingredients ready.
2. Mix all of the ingredients. Dough will be thick but wet.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Ovens will vary. My oven takes closer to an hour to bake this.
Amber Tincher and Amy Leckrone
Co-founders of Camp Mommawatchi
Purchase at-home camp curriculum at www.campmommawatchi.com