A Cheesecake So Easy That Anyone Can Make It
I've previously mentioned that I'm not really into baking. Luckily my sister shared her awesome cheesecake recipe with me. It's so easy and super-tasty. It's the next in my series of Recipeasies (a.k.a. easy peasy recipes). See below for past Recipeasies!
Image: Courtesy of Jackie Jade
Two 8-oz cream cheese packages
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 pint sour cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Ready-made graham cracker crust
Fresh strawberries or other fruit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar (use more or less, to taste) until well blended. Add in one egg at a time and continue to mix as you add in remaining two eggs. Add almond extract.
- Pour into crust and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- While cheesecake is baking--mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla for the topping. Once cheesecake has cooled, spread sour cream mixture over it and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Optional: top with fruit (I used thinly sliced strawberries).
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
This is a great classic dessert to make for a get-together and it's seriously doable. Try it out when it's your turn to make dessert. Also, check out my past Recipeasies by clicking below!