Easy Chocolate N’ Stout Cake Recipe
It is obvious that I am on a “stout” kick, wanting to cook everything with stout. But what could be better than a rich chocolate cake flavored with hearty chocolate flavored stout! And to make your time easier in the kitchen, this cake is whipped up with great ease, using the convenience of box cake mix. How simple is that?
Come; take a comfortable seat at our cozy table. Dinner is served!
STEPS 1 (cake):
Generously butter and lightly flour a regular size bundt pan (or tube pan) and set aside.
1 package chocolate cake mix (such as Betty Crocker)
5 extra-large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup (1-stick) butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup stout (Settle Down Beer was used for this recipe), room temperature
2 (3.4-oz) boxes instant chocolate pudding
- In a large mixing bowl, and using an electric hand mixer, combine all the ingredients and beat at medium speed until well blended (2-3 minutes).
- Allow cake batter to rest in the mixing bowl for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, temporarily take out the middle rack from the oven, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan, replace middle rack, and bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: While the cake is baking prepare the frosting.
- Allow the cake to cool on a cake rack 20 minutes before inverting onto a cake platter.
I hope you ill enjoy this as much as my dear familia did!
Cook with heart; eat with gusto. Buen Provecho!