Easy, Healthy Dessert: Walnut Stuffed Figs w/ Spiced Honey Creme
By YellowTurtleFitness on September 01, 2014
This time of year, the biggest fig crops are bursting forth – bringing with it one of nature’s healthiest and most luxurious desserts.
Figs are nutritionally dense with B-vitamins, Potassium, Copper, Manganese, and lots of Fiber.
This makes them a smart snack or dessert, as well as an amazing addition to salads and entrees.
This is probably one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever posted, but I’m a huge fan of simple healthy dishes. Eating healthy never has to be difficult or especially time consuming.
Each extra large fig half with honey and walnuts is approximately 70 calories. 2 halves would probably be the ideal portion size, bringing your dessert to a very reasonable 140 calories.
Less than 150 calories for a dessert this delicious, healthy, and elegant? Amazing(not to mention impressive looking to guests, with not much work on your part)!
On with the recipe.
- 4 extra large, fresh figs
- 3 tbsp slightly warmed Spiced Honey Creme (my favourite brand here)
- Fresh unsalted shelled walnuts (chopped or whole. your choice)
- Slice each fig in half, and line up neatly on your serving plate.
- If using chopped walnuts, press a generous amount into the middle of each fig half. If using whole walnuts, press a walnut half into the belly of each fig.
- Lightly drizzle the warmed Spiced Honey Creme over the figs, concentrating most of the honey over the areas with walnuts.
- It’s that easy! Serve and Enjoy.
To read more, visit the Yellow Turtle Fitness website.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Genie Gratto
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health
By Kate Kerley