Easy, Healthy Dessert: Walnut Stuffed Figs w/ Spiced Honey Creme
By YellowTurtleFitness on September 01, 2014
This time of year, the biggest fig crops are bursting forth – bringing with it one of nature’s healthiest and most luxurious desserts.
Figs are nutritionally dense with B-vitamins, Potassium, Copper, Manganese, and lots of Fiber.
This makes them a smart snack or dessert, as well as an amazing addition to salads and entrees.
This is probably one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever posted, but I’m a huge fan of simple healthy dishes. Eating healthy never has to be difficult or especially time consuming.
Each extra large fig half with honey and walnuts is approximately 70 calories. 2 halves would probably be the ideal portion size, bringing your dessert to a very reasonable 140 calories.
Less than 150 calories for a dessert this delicious, healthy, and elegant? Amazing(not to mention impressive looking to guests, with not much work on your part)!
On with the recipe.
- 4 extra large, fresh figs
- 3 tbsp slightly warmed Spiced Honey Creme (my favourite brand here)
- Fresh unsalted shelled walnuts (chopped or whole. your choice)
- Slice each fig in half, and line up neatly on your serving plate.
- If using chopped walnuts, press a generous amount into the middle of each fig half. If using whole walnuts, press a walnut half into the belly of each fig.
- Lightly drizzle the warmed Spiced Honey Creme over the figs, concentrating most of the honey over the areas with walnuts.
- It’s that easy! Serve and Enjoy.
To read more, visit the Yellow Turtle Fitness website.
More Like This
Recent Posts by YellowTurtleFitness
Most Popular on BlogHer