Looking at Valentine’s Day recipes, I often sigh and wonder how I’m supposed to wrangle my kids into sitting long enough to do the project, let alone match the author’s prowess in the kitchen. So here’s a recipe all of us moms can actually make with our kids — no matter what they’re age!
These button cookies can be made for any holiday, just change the color of the M&Ms and ta-da — easy sweets for St. Patrick’s Day, Easter and even Halloween. And trust me, these treats are kid tested, dad approved.
Valentine’s Day Button Cookies
- Square pretzels
- Hershey’s kisses, preferably the ones covered in striped white creme
- M&Ms (It doesn’t matter what kind. My boys picked peanut butter ones but it can be any assortment you choose.)
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil in case any of the chocolate melts through.
- Place the square pretzels along the baking sheet. It really doesn’t matter how close you space them.
- Place one Hershey Kiss on top of each pretzel.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until the chocolate is warm enough to give to the touch but hasn’t visibly melted yet.
- Remove from oven and place a single M&M on top of each
- Place in refrigerator or cool place to harden the chocolate