Easy Shrimp Recipe Good for Diabetics
By cookinwithsylviadewy on September 05, 2014
From past few days I was feeling quite not well. Thought of why not to go for whole body checkup. After performing many blood tests came to know that I was diabetic from last 2 months. It was a terrible shock to me as I am only in my thirties and still long way to go. Then I thought not to worry about it actually as diabetes is not a frightening disease it can be controlled by some dietary precautions which I had to start in my lifestyle.
Instantly a thought came to my mind, why not to look for some diabetic recipes over the internet and came to know about many such recipes. Many of them are tasty but need some alterations in the ingredients to make them healthy to eat. Out of them I thought to discuss here easy shrimp recipe which is quite delicious and also very diabetic-friendly.
Let me discuss here easy shrimp recipes.
Easy shrimp recipes are considered healthy to eat and if you are diabetic then it is the best choice. Actually Shrimp which is its main ingredient does not contain any carbohydrates, till the time when you haven’t added any sauces or mayonnaise. There are numerous shrimp recipes available as shrimps can be cooked quickly even in a microwave or over a grill. It can be cooked over a non-stick pan with non-starchy options such as celery, onions, broccoli, herbs and bell peppers which will certainly make your dish nutritious.
Shrimp Louis Salad Recipe
I found this a very simple and quick salad to make at home. It’s actually very good I mean it really!
Serves: 6 as main dish
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 2 eggs, large, 1 whole and 1 egg white
- 10 ounces lettuce, mixed greens
- 1 avocado, Haas or any, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes, grape or cherry
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 6 green onions , chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds shrimp, raw (medium or large), shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, use juice from half
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup salad dressing, low fat Thousand Island
- Take a small pot and hard boil eggs covered with water.
- Place it over the stove over high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Let the heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Time to remove the boiled eggs and then place them under cold water to let them cool. Use a paper towel to pat the shrimp dry. Now place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Take a skillet and add oil to it and cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes on each side till it turns just pink. Remove it from the skillet and place it on a plate.
- Finally divide the mixed greens among 6 plates.
- Arrange ingredients over the lettuce and top them with green onions and dressing.
Hope you will like this shrimp dish which is diabetic freindly, eat carefully if you or anyone in your family suffers from this slow killer disease. Share this recipe with your loved ones and follow me @ Facebook, Google+ , Twitter, Pinterest.