easy veggie stir fry
By jackiejade on May 21, 2014
Time for another Recipeasy (my made up word for easy peasy recipes). As I previously mentioned, I'm always working to make more home cooked healthy meals. A big key is using more fresh food and veggies. So here's a super quick and easy way to make veggie stir fry with whatever you have handy.
- Whatever veggies you like - I used zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, broccoli, sugar snap peas and canned baby corn
- Peanut oil
- Veggie broth (or beef or chicken broth if you like)
- Corn starch
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Wash and chop up your veggies as necessary. Add veggies to a pan with about 2 tbsp of peanut oil over medium heat.
- While veggies are sauteeing, start your sauce. Pour about 1/3 to 1/2 of can of broth into a saucepan, add about one tbsp of corn starch, whisk with a fork. Heat broth/corn starch mixture until boiling. You'll see a nice thick sauce. Then keep it simmering.
- After sauteeing veggies for a few minutes, cover with a lid to continue letting the veggies steam a bit.
- Add about 2 tsp of soy sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil to the veggie broth.
- Pour sauce over your veggies and serve over rice! I also garnished mine with some sesame seeds to be prettier.
- Optional: I also made some chicken in a separate pan for Jarrod to add to his version. If you're a meat eater, you can just add the chicken that you cooked separately.
This is an easy meal to make quickly right after work and it keeps pretty well for a few days. And it's a great way to use up some veggies that you have in your fridge. You could also add peppers, onions, cauliflower, mushrooms, really whatever you like! If you're a lazy cook like me, check out some of my past easy peasy recipes - Recipeasies - by clicking below -
Are you a fan of stir fry? What's your favorite way to get more veggies in your meals?
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
FoodSaver® Reviews & Giveaways
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! Air is the enemy of freshness and FoodSaver® vacuum sealers remove and lock out air and moisture. It keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' posts and know more about FoodSaver® plus get a chance to win $100!