Eating Primal/Paleo while out of town
By healthcoachkathy on March 19, 2012
Oh my, I've been out of commission for a number of days tending to my booth at a convention. Even with this crazy schedule I've had, I was still easily able to eat Paleo style. I can't possibly recreate exactly what I ate but this is what I can remember.
1. 2 eggs, 2 bacon, coffee with almond and coconut milk
2. Smoothie with frozen mixed berries, banana, cocoa powder, kale, hemp powder, chia seeds, almond and coconut milk
3. Starbucks latte
pistachios, almonds, apple
1. From the hotel restaurant: salad with steak, olive oil and vinegar, lots of walnuts
2. From Rubio's Mexican restaurant: shrimp tacos without the cheese or tortillas:shrimp, avocado, cabbage, pico de gallo
3. homemade chicken soup, huge plain salad with sunflower seeds with vinaigrette,
1. Chili's: chicken fajitas without the tortillas and tons of guacamole
2. corned beef and cabbage, mixed berries with coconut milk and sunflower seeds
3. 2 eggs, 3 bacon, smoothie with berries, almond milk, kale, cocoa powder, hemp powder, coconut
The dinner at Chili's was waaay late. We couldn't eat until after 10:00 pm. I was starving by then and knew I couldn't just go to bed. I normally go to bed at that hour. Since I ate so late, I wasn't hungry when I woke up. I decided to indulge in a caffe latte from Starbuck's. I normally would've gotten a soy latte but was pretty sure that's a no no on this plan. I decided to go ahead and have dairy. Of course I was congested later that day. Not quite sure if and when I'll ever get to the place where I am 100% dairy free.
Being of Irish descent, I had to have my corned beef and cabbage for St. Paddy's day. I bought mine from Whole Foods this year. It was pretty dang tasty. I am really getting to the point where I only want meat that's either organic or at least has no hormones and chemicals. The food at Chili's and the hotel restaurant was just mediocre probably because the meat wasn't what I'm now used to. When I went to Long Beach a few weekends ago, every morsel of my food was super top quality and I enjoyed every bite. Every place I ate had organic and/or grass fed meat.
Those shrimp tacos without the tortillas was kind of a shock when they brought it to my table. All the ingredients combined was the size of one cup. I looked at it with a kind of shocked look. The guy asked me if I wanted more cabbage and pico de gallo and I said yes. It was still a tiny lunch which was okay since I was on my way home and knew I could eat at home in a few hours. I forgot most shrimp tacos have only a few shrimp in them.
Since I tended to my booth most of the hours during the weekend, I really had very little time to exercise. I don't like doing that, but sometimes it just happens.
So far, I've been maintaining my weight within a pound or two, however my pants feel loose. I'll probably take my measurements in a few days to see if there is any difference. I still love that I have no cravings, however I am wanting something like a cracker. I wouldn't call it a craving exactly. If you know of any recipes that would fill the bill for a Paleo friendly cracker, please let me kno
More Like This
Recent Posts by healthcoachkathy
Most Popular on BlogHer