Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
Happy Birthday to my favorite guy. I love you! I hope you enjoy the cupcakes. These holders are the cutest things ever. Thanks again sweetie! If you must have these here is the link.
To make cupcakes from scratch is always an undertaking.
I don’t always bake from scratch, but when I do I put in lots of effort.
My taste testers were so excited before I even put them in the oven. I ended up with a good amount of flour on my dress. Well most of that was from the pizza dough I made while waiting for the cupcakes to cool.
I got this recipe from a cookbook called The 30 Day Vegan Challenge I bought last year. I do a lot of eggless cooking so I reference vegan cookbooks and recipes regularly. Keep that in mind when you are cooking for friends or family who have food restrictions. These books and recipes aren’t just for vegans. I also reference raw cookbooks because I really enjoy no bake desserts. One of my favorites is right here.
Makes 20-24 cupcakes
Ingredients for Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 cups of organic unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 (1/2) cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup organic canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups of cold water
Instructions for Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 (12-cup) muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the vanilla, canola oil, white vinegar, and cold water.
- Mix well and pour the batter into prepared cups. Place in oven for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool until ready to handle.
This recipe adapted from The 30 Day Vegan Challenge
I have mentioned before I am not vegan but I do enjoy cooking and preparing vegan meals.