Eggless, GF, Soy free, Corn free Casin free Cake & Cupcakes
By polyhobbymommy on November 20, 2011
I absolutely love this recipe. The title doesn't exactly sound too appetizing, but it really is. It's egg free, casein free, soy free and gluten free. It's loaded with fiber, protein, and omega-3. You can change the flavor with just one step. Your kids wont know that they are actually eating something healthy and you wont feel so guilty letting them eat a piece of cake or two. (sorry for the poor picture, my camera has been decommissioned Oh, and sorry for the icing.. my boys decided to play with my pastry bag, which has never made it back to it's home. So I had to make do with a sandwich baggie.)
Eggless, GF, Soy free, Corn free Casein free Cake & Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2 1/2 c. GF Cake & Pie Crust Blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1 cup sugar
- 4:12 Flax Meal Egg Substitute
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 2/3 c. shortening or coconut shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla or other extract. (for chocolate cake, I would use 2-4 TB of coco powder)
- Coconut Milk Frosting
- Prepare Coconut Milk Frosting , place into a container with a lid. Let it set in the refrigerator.
- Prepare your Flax Meal Egg Substitute in a small bowl or cup. Thoroughly mix 4 TB of flax meal to 12 TB of water. Set it a side.
- Prepare your cake pans or your cupcake pans
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In large bowl cream together your: shortening, sugar, and extract or coco powder
- In another large bowl mix:GF Cake & Pie Crust Blend , salt, baking powder, xantham gum, baking soda
- Combine your dry ingredients to your shortening mix
- Blend in your Flax Meal Egg Substitute and your coconut milk
- Fill your pans to about 2/3rds full.
- Place into oven and bake for 30-35 mins depending on your stove
- To check, insert a toothpick into the middle of your cake. If it comes out clean you're finished. If it comes out dirty, give it another 5 mins and recheck.
- Let cool before you flip your cake or you take out your cupcakes.
- Decorate with your Coconut Milk Frosting
Please vote for PolyHobbyMommy.com. Just click the link. Thanks!
More Like This
Recent Posts by polyhobbymommy
Most Popular on BlogHer
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more