Eggless Orange cake
By Mothers Gurukul on April 09, 2014
In our family, after August rests of the months are kind of filled with birthdays, anniversaries.This year, luckily my parents were here so we celebrated my dad's birthday. Few days before his birthday I came across this easy and tasty cake recipe on Rak's Kitchen Now, I had to try this. Looking for some appropriate occasion. Honestly speaking, I do not need any occasion as such for Cake baking. So, baked it for his birthday.
It is a very easy cake and comes out very soft that you won't even realize that it is egg less. The fresh orange juice and orange zest make it great. Initially, my daughter was little skeptical thinking that it will taste too much orangy...:) but she loved. After coming back from school she said- "Aai, what have you baked..I can smell something goooood...:) is it orange?" And later she was asking everyone to guess the flavor..that means she liked it..:)
So here is the recipe:
- Plain flour- 1 1/4 cups
- Condensed milk- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons
- Butter or Oil (I used Butter)- 1/2 cup
- Orange juice- 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar- 3 tablespoons
- Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon
- Orange zest- 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence- 1 teaspoon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg. F. Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- Mix well the condensed milk, orange juice, softened butter, sugar, vanilla essence, lemon juice.
- Take the sieved flour and in a bowl, pour the mixed liquid and mix well without any lumps, using the whisk.
- Grate some orange peel in the batter and give it a mix. This is what we call orange zest.
- Grease a baking pan,with butter and dust with some flour. Pour the prepared batter in the pan. Tap the pan gently once or twice to remove any big air bubbles.
- Bake it to 45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. (the original recipe calls for 30 minutes but it took me 45 minutes)
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes and then invert the cake over a wire rack and let it cool.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Mothers Gurukul
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more