Eggplant, Potato and Pepper Gratin
By MissHostess on January 10, 2013
Before you move on, I promise you, this gratin is so worth making! My husband had a “meh” reaction when I told him this is what I was going to make one night for dinner. But, once he tasted it, he LOVED it! He’s my toughest critic, so take his word on this one. You can also mix and match the vegetables you use. For example, you can replace the mushrooms with zucchini.
- 2 red skin potatoes, skins left on, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 purple eggplant, skin left on, washed, thinly sliced in whole wheels
- 2 peppers (Color of your choice. I used orange, just to add a little color), thinly sliced
- 10 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup milk
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- MH Quick Tomato Sauce, or your favorite. (I would not recommend using Prego and the like—it just tastes too sweet).
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a large baking dish (I would recommend ceramic or metal, but not glass), first layer potato so that it covers the bottom. Pour the milk on top, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I added the milk because I felt it gave the gratin a “softer” flavor. (This is the only time you will pour the milk.)
Read more at: Misshostess.com
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
FoodSaver® Reviews & Giveaways
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! Air is the enemy of freshness and FoodSaver® vacuum sealers remove and lock out air and moisture. It keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' posts and know more about FoodSaver® plus get a chance to win $100!
Recent Comments on Food