Eggs Over Crushed Potatoes
By A Southern Soul on September 03, 2013
This past weekend our family had a great time being a little lazy, hanging out and just enjoying each other. Our mornings were slow, easy and full of yummy food. With the luxury of doing what I wanted, when I wanted, it was great to be creative and come up with a new breakfast dish. I had leftover Crushed Potatoes ~click link for recipe, from the night before and a dozen fresh eggs. I turned the garlicky, savory potatoes into crunchy home fries, topped them with an egg, sprinkled on a little Parmesan cheese and a few scallions. The best part of the morning was breaking into that delicious golden egg yolk, watching it run over the potatoes and taking that first delicious bite...breakfast is served!
Eggs Over Crispy Potatoes
1 cup of Potatoes - coarsely chopped
1 large egg
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped scallion
salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a saute pan.
- Coarsely chop leftover Crushed Potatoes.
- Add potatoes to pan and brown on medium high heat.
- Gently arrange potatoes in a circle and make a well in center.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes.
- Crack egg into center, reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook egg until white is translucent and yolk has start to set - you may need to use a lid to cover pan to help egg cook.
- Gently slide potatoes out of pan and sprinkle on scallions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Yes, I know, I'm missing a little something on this photo...scallions. Mr. A Southern Soul is not a fan so his dish was "sans onion," oh well, more for me!
More Like This
Recent Posts by A Southern Soul
Most Popular on BlogHer
This summer has been filled with spontaneous road trips, backyard parties with friends, and day trips to the coast. The warm summer temperatures have been perfect for grilling and spending time outside. This past week, we took coolers full of marinated Spicy Bud Light Lime Chicken Kabobs and Bud Light Lime beer to the beach for a fun day with friends. Read more