The Eighties (80's)
The title should probably read, "The 80's," but since I'm doing the April A-to-Z Challenge and 80's starts with an, 'E' when spelled out, well...this is what you get, "The Eighties!"
I was born when bell bottom pants (ugh!), and doing the Hustle were a huge hit; however, I had the privilege of spending my teenage years during the era of big hair, parachute pants, and when MTV actually showed music videos. Ahh, yes...those were the days. I'm not going to tell you how old I am, but if you're a math genius, you'll guestimate. Okay, I'm almost 43. Sheesh.
I was a huge fan of Duran Duran and had a crush on Simon LeBon. In fact, they were the first band I saw in concert at the ripe old age of 14. It was awesome! To see Simon Lebon shake his cute lil' ass while singing, "The Reflex," made my budding hormones rage. Ahem.
Of course, I also listened to The Go-Go's, The B-52's, Billy Idol, Heart, The Scorpions, and yes, Michael Jackson. I still get a tingle when listening to the oldies stations and they flashback to the 80's. Makes me feel old. Heck, I don't think they actually "flashback" anymore.
So...you know you grew up in the 80's if:
4. It was actually worth getting up early on Saturday morning to watch cartoons
5. You wore a ponytail on the side of your hair.
6. You know the meaning of, "Wax on, Wax off."
7. You know what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off.
8. You wore fluorescent clothing
9. "Where's the beef?"
10. You wore 2 pair of different color socks under your high top Reeboks
11. You pegged your pants.
12. You know the words to Billie Jean, Beat it, and Thriller
13. You just sang the words to Billie Jean.
14. You vividly remember the night Thriller premeired on MTV
15. You wanted to audition for Star Search
16. Who ya gonna call?
17. You watched Facts of Life, Punky Brewster, and Gimme a Break.
18. You wore Penny loafers and had a shiny penny in them
19. You wanted to be an honorary member of the Brat Pack
20. You could break dance
21. One word: ATARI
22. You waited for the DJ on the radio to shut up so you could record your favorite song on your brand new cassette tape.
23. You couldn't wait to party like it was 1999
24. Poltergeist made you shit your pants, especially the clown in Robbie's room!
25. You went to a birthday party at a roller skating rink
26. You couple-skated
27. You knew the words to Ice Ice Baby
28. You had puff-painted t-shirts
29. You wore jelly shoes and had jelly bracelets
30. You said, "Radical"
31. You wanted to start your own Babysitters Club
32. It wasn't a "keyboard," it was a synthesizer!
33. You know the words to, "You Give Love a Bad Name."
34. Again, you just sang that out loud.
35. You thought Molly Ringwald was awesome and had a huge crush on Jake Ryan!
36. You wanted to be a part of The Breakfast Club
37. You hung out at Pizza Hut
38. You purposely bleached your brand new Levi's and tore holes in them.
39. You ended a sentence with the word, "psych!"
40. You solved the Rubik's cube by pealing of the stickers or taking it apart and putting it back together again.
So, that's it. My very own flashback to the 80's. I bet you can't get some of those songs out of your head now and will be singing them all day. No need to thank me, but you're welcome.