Engaging The Mind
By Jerrilynn on January 16, 2013
Earlier this week, I mentioned engaging your mind as a way to beat the winter blues. Here are a few ways to do so. Remember, it will not only chase the blues away...they say it also staves off dementia due to aging!
1. Crossword puzzles. Put that brain of yours to work! Start with a pencil if you haven't done one in a while...but graduate to ink when you're back in the swing.
2. Word search puzzles. You can find books in every level of difficulty and even specific topics.
3. Learn a new craft. You can find easy instructions and how-to videos all over the web.
4. Play an on-line game. Studies have found that puzzle games such as Bejeweled lower anxiety and increase brain function.
5. Write a letter. It awakens skills most of us haven't used in a long time such as penmanship and grammar.
Those are just a few ideas to get you started. Get that brain energized!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
In case you haven't heard a Oklahoma teen boy bragged about raping someone and no one is doing anything about it