Essence Of Root Beer Slow Cooker Pork Roast Recipe
By SheriAnnRicherson on June 02, 2014
This recipe was inspired by a dish I read about that was served at the Alinea Restaurant in Chicago. I love good food – and I love creating unique tastes. Food should be exciting and taste good. After all, eating is supposed to be enjoyable. I have to admit, I outdid myself this time around. I hate pork roast – with a passion – but this recipe was so good – so flavorful – I forgot I was eating pork roast and consumed over half of it by myself. I never do that. NEVER. In fact, most of the pork roast ends up going to the barn cats – and sometimes the stray cats – that come to feed dish I leave outside. This time was different – and I encourage you to make this recipe. It really is easy and your family will love it. Better yet, make it for a dinner party and give your guests a meal they will talk about for a long time to come.
- 4 whole star anise
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fleur de Sel salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn mix
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sassafras
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 teaspoon swamp gator sauce
- 1 can vanilla Coke
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
1. Place the pork roast in the crock pot and add one ingredient at a time – in the order above – to the top of the pot roast allowing the ingredients to combine and fall into the bottom of the crock pot on their own.
2. Place the lid on the slow cooker, turn the dial to low and cook for 24 hours.
3. Remove the roast from the crock pot and put it in an oven-safe pan.
4. Pour the sauce in the bottom of the crock pot over the top of the roast and place it in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. This creates a “crust” on the top of the roast.
5. Remove the pan from the oven, cover it with a foil tent taking care not toburn yourself and allow the roast to rest in the pan, on top of the stove, for 10 minutes.
6. Cut, serve and enjoy!
More Like This
Recent Posts by SheriAnnRicherson
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Kim Court