Extra Helpings: What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes
By mamashighstrung on November 07, 2012
Had a big shindig the other night and we had a few leftover baked potatoes.
Which got me to thinking… there’s a lot you can do with a leftover baked potato, besides reheat it and eat it as is.
Here are 7 ideas:
1. Sautéed Skillet Potatoes: Cut into pieces and sauté in olive oil with garlic and chopped onion. Sprinkle cheese on top just before serving (great anytime of the day!).
2. Twice-Baked Potatoes: Halve, spoon out the inside, mash and mix with shredded cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper. Re-fill and bake until hot.
3. Make an Omelet: Remove potato skin and dice the potato, add ham/bacon (or not) cheese and any other leftover deliciousness you find in the fridge.
4. Top a Meatloaf: Remove the skin, mash; add some herbs, butter and cheese and heat. Spread on top of the meatloaf (like frosting) just before serving.
5. Use in a Salad: Cube peeled potatoes and use in a traditional potato salad, salad Niçoise, or chopped vegetable salad with Dijon vinaigrette.
6. Fill an Empanada: A little cooked chorizo, queso fresco and chopped potatoes. Make it easier and use won ton wrappers to make low-fat mini-empanadas.
7. Burritos or Tacos: Mix diced potatoes with seasoned and cooked ground beef , chopped chicken, or chorizo.
What do YOU do with leftover baked potatoes?
More Like This
Recent Posts by mamashighstrung
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food