Extra Helpings: What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes
By mamashighstrung on November 07, 2012
Had a big shindig the other night and we had a few leftover baked potatoes.
Which got me to thinking… there’s a lot you can do with a leftover baked potato, besides reheat it and eat it as is.
Here are 7 ideas:
1. Sautéed Skillet Potatoes: Cut into pieces and sauté in olive oil with garlic and chopped onion. Sprinkle cheese on top just before serving (great anytime of the day!).
2. Twice-Baked Potatoes: Halve, spoon out the inside, mash and mix with shredded cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper. Re-fill and bake until hot.
3. Make an Omelet: Remove potato skin and dice the potato, add ham/bacon (or not) cheese and any other leftover deliciousness you find in the fridge.
4. Top a Meatloaf: Remove the skin, mash; add some herbs, butter and cheese and heat. Spread on top of the meatloaf (like frosting) just before serving.
5. Use in a Salad: Cube peeled potatoes and use in a traditional potato salad, salad Niçoise, or chopped vegetable salad with Dijon vinaigrette.
6. Fill an Empanada: A little cooked chorizo, queso fresco and chopped potatoes. Make it easier and use won ton wrappers to make low-fat mini-empanadas.
7. Burritos or Tacos: Mix diced potatoes with seasoned and cooked ground beef , chopped chicken, or chorizo.
What do YOU do with leftover baked potatoes?