Fabric Scrap Ornaments
It's a crafty time of year around here, and this quick and simple project is a great way to use up fabric scraps
while adding some pizzazz to your tree or your holiday gifts! These ornaments are simple to make and add charm to any holiday decor. Attach them to wrapped gifts, or give sets AS gifts!
This project is appropriate for preschoolers to do with help, or elementary school-aged and older children to do on their own.
- Cookie Cutters-any shape or size. I prefer a mix of standard and mini sized cutters, and thought that the stars and hearts turned out the best. Christmas tree shaped ornaments would also be cool!
- Pipe cleaners
- Scrap fabric, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips. Mini-ornaments need strips approximately 18" long, standard sized ornaments about 36" long. You can cut off excess or tie strips together if you come up short.
- Cord or ribbon for hanging. I used green hemp cord.
- Use your fingers to form the the pipe cleaners around your cookie cutter(s). Twist the ends together so they'll hold their shape.
- Wrap a strip of fabric around each shape. Leave about two inches free as you start wrapping to tie into a small know/bow when you finish.
- Thread your ribbon/hemp/cord through the fabric knot/bow as you tie it, then tie that into knot to make the hanger.