Fall 2012 Beauty Products
By Life Unsweetened on October 02, 2012
With every season comes a change in my beauty and hair routine. In the summer, my skin usually is a few shades darker (with some freckles) from the sun which lets me go foundation-free, my hair is a frizzy mess from the humidity and it’s socially acceptable to wear brighter colors on your lids, cheeks and lips. Now that fall has arrived, it’s time to make a few changes in my makeup’s color, texture and purpose.
Fall weather is very confusing- one day you’re wearing your favorite summer sundress and the next you’re searching through your closet for your winter sweaters. And let’s not even get started about the rain. With that being said, here are my go-to products and an explanation on each. What are your favorite beauty, skincare and hair products for the fall transitional weather?
1.Fall scented body wash- What better way to take advantage of the seasonal products than with a yummy-smelling body wash? Bath & Body Works always has the best scents, and this Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Shower Gel is no exception. This shower gel includes Shea Butter for soft skin and Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for complete moisture- perfect for dry skin.
2. A tinted chapstick- For fall, you want something that will protect and moisturize your lips with the added bonus of a little color. This Fresh Sugar Passion Tinted Lip Treatment offers full protection with a hint of color- perfect for everyday wear. It’s a great alternative to heavy lipstick.
3. A lightweight moisturizer- With the change in weather, you’ll need to keep your skin moisturized more than ever. Cold outdoor air/wind and the heat from inside your house can dehydrate your skin. This Kiehl’s Rosa Arctica Lightweight Cream has the added bonus of anti-aging properties, although it’s a great moisturizer even if you’re not worried about wrinkles.
4. Fall-colored nail polish-Essie’s Fall 2012 collection includes the ideal mix of a dark green, burduny and red hues, and neutral “greiges” that carry over well from fall to winter. I just got my Stylenomics (dark green shade) in the mail and can’t wait to try it out!
5. Easy-to-use eyeliner-Thick, winged liner is hot for fall, and NARS’ new Eyeliner Stylo deposits just the right amount of color in a fluid motion. Even makeup newbies can easily achieve this look with one swipe of this formula- I promise you. Tired of black? Opt for a navy or brown liner for a change.
6. Wind-proof hairspray-With fall comes stronger winds, and with stronger winds comes messy hair and annoying flyaways. Combat these problems and keep your style in-tact with L’Oréal Elnett StrongHold Hairspray. It’s a salon and celebrity favorite for a reason.
7. Brow powder & wax- Well-groomed, thick defined brows are in for fall, so make sure yours are up to par with the help of Smashbox Brow Tech. This powder and wax trio has everything to fill in those sparse spots and keep your brows clean and neat. Choose from the 4 shades to find the one that matches to your brows.
8. Hair repairing mask- If you’re like me, summer probably took a toll on your hair. The sun, chlorine and heat all damage your mane, so using a repairing mask in the fall is a must. A good drugstore buy is Organix Repairing Instant Recovery Hair Mask Cream, which will leave your hair shiny and bouncy.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Makeup
Recent Comments on Makeup
By PJ Gach
By PJ Gach