Family Fun's Peppermint Fudge
By mommaowls on December 21, 2012
This week I was inspired by a recipe I found in the December/January 2013 issue of Family Fun - Peppermint Fudge! I made them for a neighborhood cookie swap, and the fudge was a hit. Here is the recipe:
You will need:
- 24 ounces (about 4 cups) white chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely crushed peppermint candies (I used my Pampered Chef food chopper to crush the peppermints. I also used red & green candy canes to make the fudge even more colorful!).
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment or waxed paper, allowing the paper to hang over the sides.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the white chocolate chips, the condensed milk, and the salt. Melt the mixture according to the white chocolate package directions, then stir in the vanilla extract and 1 cup of the peppermint candies. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Scatter on the remaining peppermint candy. Chill the fudge in the refrigerator until it’s firm and set, about 2 hours.
3. Use the overhanging flaps of paper to lift the fudge from the pan, then slice it into 1-inch squares.
Amber Tincher and Amy Leckrone
Co-founders Camp Mommawatchi
More Like This
Recent Posts by mommaowls
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Baking
Recent Comments on Baking