Fast Fashion Upgrades for New Moms
By Alela Sirah on July 15, 2013
BlogHer Original Post
As a new mom, time is a precious commodity. This includes planning outfits and getting dressed, and for a fashion writer, not looking fashionable is just not cool. Breastfeeding moms after a great look that will also make feeding the baby easy have to really think ahead.
I have discovered that new moms need easy, no-thought, cute-all-the-time outfits. But once you have a formula for choosing great basic pieces and spicing them up with cool accessories and fun accent pieces, the process of planning outfits and getting dressed is so much easier.
Let’s face it: you only have about five minutes to pull it all together anyway!
Here are a few tips for quick style upgrades for brand new moms:
1. Pick clothing pieces and accessories that are not fussy and do not require a lot of assembly.
2. Pick basic dresses, tops, and pants that can be dressed up or down easily by switching out things like your shoes and accessories.
3. Buy pieces that are interchangeable with one another.
4. Have an arsenal of good accessories.
5. Purchase pieces that pop! Choose a blouse with a great print or comfortable leggings with bold graphics, so you can choose simpler pieces for the rest of your outfit.
6. When all else fails, wear a dress! Dresses are quick, easy outfit choices that slide right over your head in one shot!
What are your go-to fashion upgrades for new moms?
This post is part of BlogHer's Revamp Your Style editorial series, made possible by Schick Hydro Silk.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Alela Sirah
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Style
Recent Comments on Style