Is it sad that I looked online for help to write an "About" page? Hi, I'm Amanda, and this is my blog. I decided to name this blog FeatherLight for a couple of reasons: one, all of the good
blog names are already taken; and two, most of my thoughts are as light as a feather, meaning they're all fluff without a lot of weight or substance. Okay, that's only partly true. But really, I always have the best of intentions when it comes to writing, and then I sort of cop out and end up writing vague sentiments that anyone could come up with. Maybe with practice I'll get better?
A few facts:
- I am 33 years old.
- I am single, and I've never been married.
- I love animals, primarily those with fur and feathers. You can keep the scaly, cold-blooded ones for yourself, thanks very much.
- I have an ongoing love affair with Ben & Jerry's ice cream, particularly Banana Split, despite the fact that I don't really care for real banana splits.
- I graduated from high school when I was only 16, and started working that autumn at the same company I work for now.
- I currently have 3 2 rabbits of my own, plus 6 8 foster rabbits (I'm involved in domestic rabbit rescue with Indiana House Rabbit Society). I also have 4 guinea pigs and 1 very large cat. Plus a 12-year old cousin. (ETA: I still have the 12-year old cousin, he just doesn't live with me anymore.) And 2 adorable nieces. Also, a furry "niece" named Bailey - a 4 month old, 40 lb. chocolate Lab. I will be writing about them all.
- I wish I were crafty. I'm not.
- I'm trying to learn more about photography. I have a Kodak Z712 IS (which, incidentally, is less than a year old but already at the bottom of their high-zoom line), and it takes decent pictures, but I'd love to graduate to a dSLR. I've been eyeing the Canon Digital Rebel XSi, but I'm afraid I need to save a lot more pennies.