By lmmagic on February 06, 2009
BlogHer Original Post
Is it sad that I looked online for help to write an "About" page? Hi, I'm Amanda, and this is my blog. I decided to name this blog FeatherLight for a couple of reasons: one, all of the good
blog names are already taken; and two, most of my thoughts are as light as a feather, meaning they're all fluff without a lot of weight or substance. Okay, that's only partly true. But really, I always have the best of intentions when it comes to writing, and then I sort of cop out and end up writing vague sentiments that anyone could come up with. Maybe with practice I'll get better?
A few facts:
- I am 33 years old.
- I am single, and I've never been married.
- I love animals, primarily those with fur and feathers. You can keep the scaly, cold-blooded ones for yourself, thanks very much.
- I have an ongoing love affair with Ben & Jerry's ice cream, particularly Banana Split, despite the fact that I don't really care for real banana splits.
- I graduated from high school when I was only 16, and started working that autumn at the same company I work for now.
- I currently have 3 2 rabbits of my own, plus 6 8 foster rabbits (I'm involved in domestic rabbit rescue with Indiana House Rabbit Society). I also have 4 guinea pigs and 1 very large cat. Plus a 12-year old cousin. (ETA: I still have the 12-year old cousin, he just doesn't live with me anymore.) And 2 adorable nieces. Also, a furry "niece" named Bailey - a 4 month old, 40 lb. chocolate Lab. I will be writing about them all.
- I wish I were crafty. I'm not.
- I'm trying to learn more about photography. I have a Kodak Z712 IS (which, incidentally, is less than a year old but already at the bottom of their high-zoom line), and it takes decent pictures, but I'd love to graduate to a dSLR. I've been eyeing the Canon Digital Rebel XSi, but I'm afraid I need to save a lot more pennies.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Michelin wants to remind drivers that whether or not your first (or current!) car is in the best condition, your tires should be. The MICHELIN Premier LTX provides exceptional levels of safety even as tires wear down, making them safe when new and safe when worn*. Even when worn, the MICHELIN Premier LTX still stops shorter on wet roads than leading competitors’ new tires. Read our bloggers' posts as they talk about their #FirstCarMoments plus get a chance to win a set of Michelin tires! Read more
Most Popular on BlogHer
RealTimes allows anyone to take photos and videos and turn them Automagically into stories that can be shared in real time on any device anywhere. Tap, Snap, and Clap! RealTimes picks your best smiles, best lighting, saves it to a cloud, and even adds music. It’s all done for you. Our bloggers to tested the RealTimes picture and video sharing app. Check out their blog posts and watch as theycapture and share life’s adventures in real time! Read more
Recent Comments on BlogHer
Switch to mobile view.