Featuring Our Voices and Photos of the Year Videos: Grab Some Tissues and Watch Them Now
The Voices and Photos of the Year Community Keynote is always a highlight of the BlogHer conference. This year was no different, as 12 readers took to the stage to share their written words with their voices. Sometimes they trembled due to the weight and emotion of the piece, but these strong, well-written, and well-spoken women stood at that podium and spoke their truth. Additionally, we honored all of our winners for our first ever Photos of the Year with three amazing photographers present on stage.
Please take the time to watch each of these videos. These women deserve an additional round of applause for not just writing what they wrote, but standing on a stage and giving voice to their blog. Thank you, each of you.
First up, let's check these photographers, shall we?
Photos of the Year
- "Mont Blanc," by June Molloy Vladička of My Food Odyssey
- "Afternoon with Nana," by Jenny Feldon of Karma (Continued)
- "Busy Little Bee," by Kimberly of Saving More Than Me
- "DIY Family Matryoshka Costumes," by Michelle Villemaire of Home Made Mimi, present
- "Lamington Éclairs," by Jennifer Schmidt of Delicious Everyday
- "Alice," by Jennifer Swartvagher of Beyond the Crib
- "Duck at Night," by Michelle from The Burgh Baby
- "To Rome, With Love," by Miranda Santiago of Spend Your Days, present
- "#365 Feminist Selfie 31/365," by Tabatha of Tabulous, present
- "BB BLUE," by Shayna Batya
Reader in Humor for Leisure Suits, Braces, and Beanies: My Life as a Dodge Ball Target. Parri blogs at Her Royal Thighness, and you can follow her on Twitter or Facebook.
Kristin Vanderhey Shaw
Reader in Humor for First Reason Not to Get a Tattoo: Your Mom Probably Has One. Tammy blogs at World's Worst Moms, and you can follow her on Twitter and Facebook.
Reader in Humor for 9 Awesome Things About Having a Physical Disability. Meredith blogs at Pile of Babies, and you can follow her on Twitter and Facebook.
Lisa Page Rosenberg