So excited that it is Friday!
Tomorrow is my first half marathon.
Although Mother Nature has not been on my side this week. It has been raining all week and I received an email last night that part of the course is flooded but they will re-route us. The weather forecast for tomorrow is flurries and rain. I am still excited for the race but I am now a little nervous about the weather.
I will be running the Running Fit/Chocolate milk Martian Half Marathontomorrow. I have been taking it easy on workouts this week to prep myself.
Workouts for the week:
- Rest Day-we were on the road driving home from Florida all day and our hotel didn’t have a workout room
- 8 mile run in 1 hour 14 minutes
- Best Body Bootcamp Workout A- which was strength moves in an unstable position, so on a stability ball or on one leg
- 3.14 mile speedwork run in30 minutes. I did a 5 minute warm up, then 1 minute at 8 and 1 minute on 5 for 25 minutes, then a 5 minute cool down
- Best Body Bootcamp Workout B- more strength moves in an unstable position
- 2 mile training run in 17 minutes
- Rest Day before my race
How did your workouts go this week? Did you try anything new?