Five Things Friday - Things I NEED for Mother's Day
By Moxie Momma on April 10, 2010
With only a few weeks left to secure that gift that says Mom You’re Da Bomb (not Bombshell) like no other, I felt it crucial to my future happiness to post a short list of things I want need in my life at this particular moment in time. And if you are in the market for a mother, I would like to adopt you so that you can participate in this very marketable meaningful day. I realize that some of these requests are a bit more doable than others, but MD isn’t for another 3 weeks so there’s still time if you hurry.
1. A publisher – With the recent completion of my future best seller and Oprah pick, I am in dire need of a publisher. If you can get my foot in the door, I can get the rest of my sass in there on my own. Hey, they don’t call me Moxie for nothing! I can do a dramatic reading, or an interpretive dance – whatever it takes. I’ll Nike it all the way. A foot in the door, that’s all I ask.
2. A Celtic tattoo – I’m loving me some Irish these days. And I’m feeling a bit left out with all the attention on the other Michelle McGee. Nothing a little ink can’t fix. I’m thinking a nice little knot work bracelet just might do the trick.
3. A spa day or two – Before you grab the phone and book me a facial or a massage, let me clarify what a spa day is to me. You know that little place where they give you fresh jammies to wear all day, a nice pillow to rest your weary head on and a little medication on the side? Yeah, I’m talking about a sweet weekend of medicated stupor, psychedelic Heffalump and Woozle-ridden dreams, and isolation in a padded room. A spa day like no other.
4. An Athleta gift certificate – My yoga body is on backorder but that won’t stop me from prepping for its arrival. Athleta makes physical activity look really cute. And as a Moxie Momma I’m all about the cute – not so much about the physical but all about the cute.
5. A yogi of my very own – To go with the backordered body. It’d be nice if he were pocket-sized, then I could get my yoga on wherever I wanted to. I mean they do fold up like pretzels so I think it wouldn’t be out of the question to find one that was pocketable. Plus a cute little yogi would go well with my Athleta get-ups. He could knock on my hip bone when it was time to do my sun salutations. Just me and my yogi, getting all Buddha when I’m stressed out. Yeah, that’s what I need. So much better than a stress ball and equally portable.
I just have one question for you – who’s your Momma? That’s right baby, and don’t you forget it. Don’t be afraid to show me some of that Moxie love this Mother’s Day. It’s all good.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Moxie Momma
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Family
Recent Comments on Family