Fleur de Monster Free Crochet Pattern
Fleur de Monster is easy to crochet and great for using up those scrap yarns laying around your stash.
Size D3 (3.25 mm) crochet hook
Worsted weight yarn (eyes, mouth, tooth, lip, body, spiky petals)
Sock yarn (body)
Gauge: Not really important for this pattern...
This pattern is worked in the round except for where it is stated.
Treble crochet (tr): yo 2 times, insert hook through st, yo, draw a loop through, yo, pull the loop through the first 2 loops on the hook, yo, pull the loop through the next 2 loops on the hook, yo, pull the loop through the last 2 loops on the hook.
Join in: place a slip knot on the hook with new yarn, insert hook through st, yo, pull through st, finish st as patterns states.
Body (make 2 pieces):
- (holding the worsted weight yarn and sock yarn together as one strand) ch 4
- 1st 3 ch count as 1st dc (ch 3), 11 dc into 4th ch st from hook, sl st top of ch 3 - 12 dc
- ch 1 (counts as 1st sc), sc in same st as sl st, 2 sc in each st around - 24 sc
- sc each st around - 24 sc
- mark 1st st, (2 sc next st, sc next 3 sts), repeat 5 times - 30 sc
- (2 sc next st, sc next 4 sts), repeat 5 times - 36 sc
- (2 sc next st, sc next 5 sts), repeat 5 times - 42 sc
- (2 sc next st, sc next 6 sts), repeat 5 times - 48 sc
- sc each st around for 2 rounds, sl st 1st st on last round, f.o - 48 sc
- (with white) ch 4, sl st 1st st to form a loop
- 8 sc into loop - 8 sc
- (2 sc next st, sc next st), repeat 3 times, sl st 1st st, f.o - 12 sc
- make 2
- (with iris color) ch 4, sl st 1st st to form a loop
- 8 sc into loop, sl st 1st st, f.o - 8 sc
- make 2
- attach safety eye to iris, sew eyeball together and then to monster. Do not do this around someone who has a ridiculous sensitive eye thing going on... like Hubs.
|sew iris to eyeball|
|sew eyeball to monster...|
- (in black) ch 4, sl st 1st st to form a loop
- 8 sc into loop - 8 sc
- (2 sc next st, sc next st), repeat 3 times - 12 sc
- (2 sc next st, sc next st), repeat 5 times, sl st 1st st, f.o - 18 sc
-(with lip color) join in with a sl st, ch 3, sl st in same st, (sl st, ch 3, sl st) each st around, sl st 1st st, f.o - 18 (sl st, ch 3, sl st)
- ch 2, tn
- sc 2nd st from hook, ch 1, tn - 1 sc
- 2 sc next st, ch 1, tn so side of tooth faces up - 2 sc
|stitches facing up|
|side of tooth facing up|
- sc 2 evenly down the side of the tooth, ch 1, sc 2 evenly up the side of the tooth, sl st in 1st st of last row worked - 4 sc, 1 ch
- sew tooth onto mouth and mouth onto monster.
|i like to sew everything on before the stuffing is in... just seems easier.|
- hold wrong sides of body together, join in (with border color) with a sc going through both pieces of monster body, sc each st around going through both sets of sts, stuff monster around 35th or 40th st - 48 sc
- (sl st next st, ch 4, tr in same st, dc next st, sc next st), repeat 15 times, sl st 1st st, f.o - 16 spiky petals
ch - chain
sl st - slip stitch
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
tr - treble crochet
tn - turn
yo - yarn over
st(s) - stitch(es)
f.o - fasten off
Copyright 2012 Knot By Gran'ma. To be used for personal use only. Any commercial use or pieces made with this pattern are not to be sold without written permission from Knot By Gran'ma. All rights reserved.
(Newsletter includes news and promotions...)
Feel free to pin the snot out of this. Please just give the proper credit to Knot By Gran'ma and link it back here. Thanks!