Food Blogging for Dummies Book Giveaway Official Rules
Food Blogging for Dummies Book Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. Sponsor: BlogHer, Inc., located at 1301 Shoreway Road, Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002 and http://www.blogher.com (“BlogHer”), is solely responsible for all aspects of this Food Blogging for Dummies book giveaway (“Promotion”), including without limitation the administration and fulfillment thereof. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. shall be solely responsible for Prize fulfillment.
2. Eligibility: To enter the Promotion, one must be a legal resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) who has reached the age of majority (in most U.S. jurisdictions, 18 years of age) in his/her jurisdiction of residence who is a registered user of www.blogher.com at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of BlogHer, Inc. , its partners, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, their advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies, businesses that advertise their goods/services on www.blogher.com, their successors and assigns (individually and collectively, “Entities”), their immediate family members [spouses, parents, children, siblings], and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) are not eligible. By submitting an Entry, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of BlogHer, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Void in all jurisdictions other than the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec); void where prohibited.
3. Entry: During the period commencing at 4:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on April 16, 2012 and ending at 5:00 p.m. PST on April 20, 2012 (“Entry Period”), eligible persons can visit the Promotion’s main page at (insert http://www.blogher.com/giveaway-five-things-known-you-start-your-food-blog). Eligible persons may enter this Promotion during the Entry Period by taking any of the following actions (collectively, “Entries”), each of which counts as one entry:
A. Leave a comment in response to the food blogging on the post.*
B. Blog about this promotion, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.*
D. To enter without commenting, mail your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address to: Food Blogging for Dummies Giveaway Entry, BlogHer, Inc., 1301 Shoreway Rd., Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002. Entries by mail must be postmarked by April 20, 2012 to be eligible.
*Please note: Comments appearing in the “Conversation from Twitter” or “Conversation from Facebook” sections of the Livefyre comment section do not qualify as entries.
Neither the Entities in Section 2 nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing or physically located outside the Territory, or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple accounts to accrue more than the number of Entries allowed in Section 4 above may result in disqualification at BlogHer’s sole discretion (and, disqualification will not represent BlogHer’s sole remedy in such circumstance). Void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations. BlogHer’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
5. Prize: THREE Prizes: Each winner will receive one (1) copy of Food Blogging for Dummies by Kelly Senyei. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) per prize: $25(USD). Total ARV: $75(USD). Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferrable. No substitution allowed except that BlogHer may, at BlogHer’s sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability for any reason.
6. Procedures: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. On or about three (3) business days following expiration of the Entry Period, using a randomizing program, the potential winners will be selected from all eligible Entries received. The drawing will be conducted by BlogHer at its offices in Belmont, CA. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
7. Winners: Persons initially selected as potential winners will be notified on or about give (5) business days following the expiration of the Entry Period, and will be sent by email a Prize Notification and Publicity Consent and Liability Release Agreement; please ensure that BlogHer has your current, correct email address. To claim the prize, potential winners must accept their prize within 72 hours of transmission of the email notification (“Acceptance Period”). In order to win, Canadian entrants selected in the drawing must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited arithmetical skill-testing question during a pre-arranged telephone interview. BlogHer is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the prize or redeem prize for cash or credit. All necessary taxes and duties on the prize, and any other costs associated with maintaining or operating the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. For Canadian winners, such taxes may include U.S. federal withholding tax, which must be paid before prize can be awarded to winner.
A. Disqualification, Forfeiture and Selection of Alternate Winner: At the sole discretion of BlogHer, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to accept the prize within the Acceptance Period;  the failure of notification or undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email;  potential winner’s failure to provide BlogHer with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner’s failure to complete, execute, and return to BlogHer the Prize Notification and Liability Release Agreement and, except where prohibited, a publicity release and other such documents as may be required by BlogHer (“Required Documents”) within 10 days of the date specified on the Prize Notification and Liability Release Agreement; and  potential winner’s failure to comply with any other terms, conditions and restrictions of these Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, an alternate winner will be selected by BlogHer from among all remaining eligible entries received.
B. Prize Fulfillment: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. shall be solely responsible for fulfillment of prizes. Within four to eight weeks of BlogHer receiving an eligible winner’s fully executed Required Documents, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. shall mail that winner’s prize via U.S. mail/Canada Post mail, or via other appropriate courier delivery as determined by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., to the U.S./Canadian resident address provided by that winner in the Required Documents.
8. General Conditions: By entering this Promotion and/or accepting any prize you may win, you agree, represent, and warrant that:  you will be bound by these Official Rules and BlogHer’s decisions, which shall be final and binding in all respects;  you release and hold harmless the Releasees, from: (a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (b) any condition caused by events beyond the control of BlogHer that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted, with the understanding that BlogHer’s sole obligation is to seek to conduct the Promotion, making the prizes available to be won, in a manner determined by BlogHer in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules; (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion; (d) any and all losses, damages, rights, suits, claims and actions of any kind, including without limitation death and bodily injury, in connection with or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from any interaction with or downloading of Promotion information;  the Releasees do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the prizes;  winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes the grant to BlogHer and assigns of an unconditional right to use winner’s name, photo, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade publicity, promotional and commercial purposes without additional compensation, in connection with the running or advertising of this Promotion, except where prohibited by law;  the Releasees are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Promotion, including but not limited to: errors in the advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of the prizes;  the Releasees are not responsible for any inability of the winner to accept or use the prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason;  the Releasees are not responsible for any failure of delivery of winner notification; and  all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, winners and BlogHer in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
9. Disclosure by Winner. Winner acknowledges and agrees that winner is not required to make any statements about, or provide any opinions regarding, the prize, and any such statements and opinions made by winner are at winner’s sole discretion. If winner is employed by, works for, or provides content to, any means of mass communication, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television or the Internet, including, without limitation winner’s blog (collectively, the “Media”), then winner will not speak about or refer to the prize, directly or indirectly, in such capacity through the Media, without disclosing that winner won the prize in connection with the Promotion.
10. Winners List: For name(s) of winner(s), mail a self-addressed stamped envelope prior to May 20, 2012 to: BlogHer, Attn: Food Blogging for Dummies Giveaway Request, 1301 Shoreway Rd., Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002.
© 2012 BlogHer, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BLOGHER is a trademark of BlogHer, Inc.