Free Gifts My Body Gave Me in 2012
I've been in 'reflection' mode since the beginning of December. Ahhhh...another end of a year. Another 365 days have pushed passed me, grabbed me and dragged me along for a ride I could have never imagined. Again. Such is life, right? Well, the answer to that question I'll answer in another blog. (Please don't expect it any time soon, it's a biggie.) I was thinking about my body and how it has changed since January 2012.
I realized that without my asking, my body gave me many free gifts this year. Imagine that.
Free gifts my body gave me in 2012:
1) aging spots: yep. they're mixed in with my pre-2012 beauty marks. all sneaky and sassy. light brown. reminding me that aging is happening whether I want it to or not.
2) gray eyebrow hair: i plucked one out yesterday morning. i'm reminded of the scene in Vanilla Sky (Cameron Crowe) where Tom Cruise's character, David Aames walks into the bathroom and notices a gray hair among his lovely dark brown locks. He plucks it out. I did the same. I saw the gray eyebrow hair. I plucked it out. It hurt. I cursed. No, Cruise wasn't plucking an eyebrow hair. No, he didn't curse. We're off topic here, people.
3) gray eyelashes: okay, so maybe it wasn't full-on gray, but it was definitely not black. is it possible to have gray eyelashes? i'm not google-ing this answer. go ahead. I'm saying, there was a different coloured eyelash among the black ones.
- 4) beauty marks & red dots: all over my body. the most recent ones I found are in my cleavage. they seem to come together - one bright red, tiny polka-dot mark and a dark brown beauty mark. the more moles and beauty marks the more beautiful, right? (don't worry, I'm always checking them to make sure they are not cancerous...)
- 5) a more prominent double chin: double-chins run in my family (as do thick waists and round bellies). in 2012, my only-show-up-when-i-look-down double chin decided to expand and take permanent residence below my actual chin. and I don't have to be looking down for it to show up. it's there. all the time.
- 6) more cellulite: now, not only is it on my outer thighs, it's on my inner thighs, my arms, my sides, and if I squish my face in that certain way, it's even on my newly acquired double chin.
- 7) pimples/acne: for some reason, my skin decided to resort to its fifteen-year-old self. i sprouted zits on my cheeks, chin and forehead like when i was in high school - horny and heated 24-7. (nope, these other attributes - horny and heated' - didn't come oozing back. balls to that.)
- 8) yeast infections/bladder infections: sweet baby boy born on christmas, i can't even tell you how many bladder and yeast infections I had this year. i'm pretty sure there were only three months of the year when my poor lower regions weren't plagued with one or both of these painful occurances.